Friday, March 7, 2014

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie


My newest breakfast obsession are smoothies. A few weeks ago I posted a recipe for a green pineapple power smoothie and promised more smoothie recipes to come. Okay, so it's been a few weeks, but at least I can finally share this wonderful smoothie with you! This smoothie is perfect. It tastes indulgent and packed with great flavors, but it's under 350 calories and keeps me full for hours (which I've said many times before isn't an easy feat for breakfast foods for me).


One of the ingredients in this smoothie that help to keep the fat and calories low while providing a ton of flavor is PB2. I talked about this ingredient in my last post - homemade peanut butter oreos. PB2 has far less fat and oil as compared with regular peanut butter, and still has plenty of flavor and protein. So, spend two minutes tomorrow making this smoothie and make you day 300% better.


Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie

Yield: 1 smoothie | Prep time: 1 minute | Total time: 2 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1 banana
  • 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 2 Tbsp. PB2
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp. chia seeds

Directions:
  1. Load items into your blender in the order listed above (milk first, seeds last).
  2. Blend until smooth, pour into a glass and enjoy!


Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 340
Total fat: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 66 grams
Fiber: 8 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Weight Watchers points: 9


Enjoy and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment