Thursday, July 18, 2013

Garlic and Olive Oil Sauteed Green Beans

I'm back!! I picked up my fifth CSA "box" the other night and I received:
  • Head of cabbage
  • 1 white onion
  • 1 Spanish onion
  • 2 beets
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 yellow squash
  • Bunch of Swiss chard
  • Green beans
  • Bunch of kale
  • 4 peaches
  • 1 pint blueberries
  • 1 head of garlic

I'm still a bit jet-lagged from my trip, so I made a very simple dinner. I cooked some green peas from last week's CSA "box". 

Garlic and Olive Oil Sauteed Green Beans

(Yields 3-4 servings)

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound green beans (ends chopped off)
  • 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions:
  1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Steam green beans for 4-5 minutes, or until they're darker green in color but still crispy
  2. Once steamed, drain green beans and add to an ice bath
  3. In the meantime, heat a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add small amount of olive oil (enough to coat pan)
  4. Add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes, until fragrant but not browned
  5. Drain green beans and add to pan. Toss to coat in olive oil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes then serve!
I paired these tasty green beans with herb chicken and seasoned rice. Here is the finished meal:
Enjoy and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment