Thursday, November 14, 2013

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower


Cauliflower is a vegetable in the same plant family as broccoli, kale and cabbage. The head of a cauliflower plant is surrounded by coarse green leaves, which protect it from sunlight and stop the development of chlorophyll (the stuff that makes plants green) - contributing to the white coloring of most varieties of cauliflower.

I've only recently begun eating cauliflower again. I was badly scarred after an unfortunate mix-up: I thought I was eating a big bite of warm, buttery mashed potatoes - but in fact I was eating a large amount of cold, pureed cauliflower. It still haunts me. However, this cauliflower recipe was so delicious, I believe my cauliflower rehabilitation will be successful!

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower

(Yields 4 servings)

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets (about 4 cups)
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray
  2. In a large bowl, toss together cauliflower, olive oil and garlic until cauliflower is evenly coated
  3. Pour cauliflower mixtures into prepared casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper
  4. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes
  5. After 25 minutes, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley. Cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown in color

And here is the finished product:


Enjoy and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment