Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Zucchini Parmesan Crisps


After my county fair experience, I was craving some more fried veggies...but I was not craving the calories to go along. So, I decided to make a baked version of fried zucchini, which was far less calories and still very tasty (adapted from this recipe)!

Zucchini Parmesan Crisps

(Yields 1-2 servings)

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch think rounds
  • 2 Tbsp. bread crumbs
  • 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray
  2. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, garlic and onion powder. Set aside
  3. Toss zucchini rounds with olive oil. Dip each round into bread mixture - making sure to coat both sides
  4. Place breaded rounds on prepared baking sheet in a single layer
  5. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until browned and crisp
And here they are, right out of the oven!


My 1/2 zucchini made 9 rounds...which I ate all myself. I also ate these delicious carrots from the farm. They were so beautiful and tasty on their own, I ate them just as you see them here.


Enjoy and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment