Thursday, April 17, 2014

Mediterranean Wrap


In my last post I wrote about the nice weather and the sun. I took a walk through the park near my house and explored some trails. All the deck furniture was reclaimed from the dust a cobwebs and placed out in the sun. Basically, I was pretending it was summertime.


Unfortunately, that was short lived. It's not summer, it's spring, and spring is fickle. I guess I have to be appreciative of the nice day that I had. But now it's cold. Like really cold. And I just want to go back to that beautiful, warm, summer-like day. 


My solution is to go to a happy place in my mind and pretend it's beautiful outside. {As I'm typing this, my deck furniture is literally getting blown off the deck. Sigh.} To aid in my summertime fantasy, I decided to make a Mediterranean wrap with some delicious, summery Tzatziki Sauce.


And let me tell you, it's summertime goodness all wrapped up. Okay, fine, not exactly, but it is really tasty! So whip this up for lunch today while you blast your space heater and look at pictures of the Dominican Republic - as least that's my plan!


Mediterranean Wrap

Yield: 1 serving | Prep time: 2 minutes | Total time: 2 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 1 whole wheat wrap
  • 2 Tbsp. hummus 
  • 8-10 cucumber slices
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 2 Tbsp. feta cheese

Directions:
  1. Spread hummus on one side of your wrap. Top hummus with sliced cucumbers. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and crumbled feta. Drizzle with Tzatziki sauce.
  2. Roll the wrap like a burrito. If you wrap is round, tuck in the sides of the wrap as you're rolling it to help hold the ingredients inside. Cut in half and eat.


Nutritional information per serving (1 wrap):
Calories: 315
Total fat: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 35 grams
Fiber: 12.5 grams
Protein:19 grams
Weight Watchers points: 9

Enjoy and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment